IEG Vu is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. Please do not redistribute without permission.

Printed By


Bertin suing company over share transfer

Lawyer Sérgio Bermudes confirmed on Monday, June 17, that his firm is representing Bertin in a suit against the company Blessed over the transfer of shares from the Bertin-FIP fund to Blessed itself. It is through this fund that the Bertin family owns shares in JBS. According to Bermudes, the transfer of these shares was illegal, since it was done with a counterfeit signature. "[The transfer] is null and will be void," the lawyer said.

According to newspaper Folha de S. Paulo, Bermudes's firm is working on the theory that Blessed, headquartered in the US state of Delaware, belongs to the Batista family, which controls the JBS.

In the form filed by JBS with Brazil's securities commission (CVM), Blessed is tied to Bertin. In the document, Blessed is one of the shareholders in Bertin-FIP, with a 65.79% stake. Bracol Holding owns the remaining shares (34.2%). Bermudes denies Bertin has a relationship with Blessed. "I would like to know [who the owners of Blessed are]. It is not Bertin," he said.

Information provided by Valor Econômico


What to read next




Ask The Analyst

Please fill in the form below to send over your enquiry or check the Ask The Analyst Page to find out more about the service

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts