IEG Vu is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. Please do not redistribute without permission.

Printed By


India looking to buy 1.5m tonnes of oils for festival season

This article was originally published in The Public Ledger

INDIA, the world's second largest importer of vegetable oils, was looking to buy 1.5m tonnes in the next three months starting from May, to get stock for their festival season. Palm oil will make up roughly 80% of the shipments, while the other 20% would be soya oil, according to BV Mehta, executive director of the Solvent Extractor's Association of India..



What to read next




Ask The Analyst

Please fill in the form below to send over your enquiry or check the Ask The Analyst Page to find out more about the service

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts