Poisoned noni juice alertThis article was originally published in Foodnews
THE health department in the Spanish province of Andalucia has issued a warning about a tropical fruit juice, understood to be sold over the internet, which could be associated with a fatal case of food poisoning in Ogíjares, Granada province. A relative of the victim was also taken ill. The juice is Tahitian noni imported by a company in Mexico, sold in 1litre glass bottles, and labelled 'Jugo de Noni TAHITIAN NONI'. The department added that the batch number and expiry date printed on the bottle were illegible. While the results of toxicology tests are pending, an alert has gone out to withdraw the product, and Spain's Food Safety Agency has been informed.