IEG Vu is part of the Business Intelligence Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC’s registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use. Please do not redistribute without permission.

Printed By

UsernamePublicRestriction
UsernamePublicRestriction

Dean Foods to sell Whitewave

This article was originally published in Foodnews

DEAN Foods, the US dairy giant, intends to spin off its WhiteWave-Alpro Foods unit by the end of this year. The division makes soy milk and organic milk, butter, coffee creamers and other products.n Neil Murray writes: the sale will be via an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and it is believed that Dean Foods’ own shareholders would end up owning a majority interest in the new company. Dean Foods itself would own 20% of the independent WhiteWave Foods and distribute, tax-free, the rest of its 80% holdings to its own shareholders no later than 180 days after the IPO. Dean Foods’ current chief executive, Gregg Engles, will head the new company as its chief executive. Dean Foods will be run by Gregg Tanner, president of Fresh Dairy Direct, Dean Foods’ largest unit.

Advertisement

Topics

What to read next

Advertisement
UsernamePublicRestriction

Register

CO023181

Ask The Analyst

Please fill in the form below to send over your enquiry or check the Ask The Analyst Page to find out more about the service

Your question has been successfully sent to the email address below and we will get back as soon as possible. my@email.address.

All fields are required.

Please make sure all fields are completed.

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please make sure you have filled out all fields

Please enter a valid e-mail address

Please enter a valid Phone Number

Ask your question to our analysts

Cancel